1 winners will be chosen at random to win a 28994. No Purchase necessary. Open to United States Residents only. Must be 18 years of age. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes begins Monday, February 20, 2017 at 11:30 am EST and ends Wednesday, February 22nd at 9:00 am EST. See official rules for details. http://zippocentneverspentsweepstakes.hscampaigns.com/#rules
Official Rules – Zippo Manufacturing Company’s “Leave a Comment” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ONLINE ENTRY ONLY AND INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED. BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter Zippo Manufacturing Company’s “Leave a Comment” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), you (“You(r)”) must agree to these Official Rules (the “Rules”). Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure You understand and agree. You may not submit an entry to the Sweepstakes and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules unless You agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between You and Zippo Manufacturing Company (“Zippo” or “Sponsor”) with respect to the Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes, You agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (or the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older) with Internet access at the time of entry. Only entrants logging onto the Internet from within the geographic region described above are eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Zippo, its advertising and promotion agencies and its retailers, together with their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and the directors, employees and officers of all of the aforesaid organizations, along with all such persons’ immediate family members (regardless of where they live) and household members (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win.
3. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Zippo, a Pennsylvania corporation with a principal place of business at 33 Barbour Street, Bradford, PA, 16701, USA. The Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or otherwise associated with Facebook.
4. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on Friday, February, 17, 2017 at 11:30 am Eastern Time (UTC/GMT 5 hours) and ends on Monday, February 20, 2017 at 9:00 am Eastern Time (UTC/GMT 5 hours) (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All dates and times are subject to change.
5. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. There is one (1) method of entry for this Sweepstakes. It can only be entered online and as described as follows. To enter the Sweepstakes, go to facebook.com/zippo (the “Entry Website”) during the Sweepstakes Period and locate the Facebook post announcing the sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Post”), dated as of the first date in the Sweepstakes Period. Post a comment in response to the Sweepstakes Post (“Entry Comment”) in order to be entered into the Sweepstakes. Such Entry Comment indicates Your consent to be entered into the Sweepstakes. All Entry Comments must be made, and retained, on the Entry Website and in response to the Sweepstakes Post during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit one (1) Entry Comment per entrant in the Sweepstakes. Subsequent Entry Comments will be disqualified. Each Entry Comment will be deemed to have been made as of the timestamp on the Entry Comment. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to the user name by Facebook. Submitting mass Entry Comments or Entry Comments generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
6. DRAWING: One winner (“Winner”) will be selected at random by Sponsor (whose decision is final) during the Sweepstakes Period from the pool of all eligible Entry Comments made in response to the Sweepstakes Post.
7. PRIZE/ODDS: The Winner will receive one (1) prize that consists solely of: one (1) Zippo Windproof Lighter (model #28994). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is thirty-one dollars and ninety-five cents ($31.95). If the prize is Zippo.com Gift Card, such gift cards are subject to terms and conditions available at http://www.zippo.com/giftcards/terms.aspx. The ARV of the prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor. The Winner is responsible for any and all taxes that may become payable by the Winner based on the approximate retail value of his or her prize. Any and all costs, taxes, expenses and/or terms not specifically described as part of the prize are the sole responsibility of each Winner. The odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY: EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT MAY BE PROVIDED, IN WRITING, ALONG WITH THE PRIZES, ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
9. NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: Winner will be notified through a comment made by Zippo (“Win Comment”) in response to his or her Entry Comment on the Entry Website within five (5) days after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. You must ensure Your notification settings are set to notify You of any subsequent comments made on Your comments and/or You must periodically review Your Entry Comment to determine if a Win Comment has been made. Zippo is not responsible if the Winner does not become aware of the Win Comment despite these instructions. The Winner must claim his/her prize by visiting the webpage of the local Zippo affiliate (“Prize Website”) using the URL identified in the Win Comment and following the instructions in the Win Comment and on the Prize Website within five (5) business days after prize notification or an alternate Winner will be selected. If the Winner does not claim his/her prize according to the foregoing instructions or a prize is returned as undeliverable, that Winner will be disqualified. If a Winner is disqualified, deemed to be ineligible or cannot accept a prize as stated pursuant to these Rules for any reason, his/her prize will be deemed forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible Entry Comments.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating in this Sweepstakes, You agree to forever release, discharge, and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, as well as Facebook, from and against any liability whatsoever for any and all claims, costs, losses, or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, those related to personal injury, death, damage to property, infringement of proprietary rights, rights of publicity, privacy or defamation) arising out of or in connection with Your or any third party's participation in the Sweepstakes and/or Sweepstakes-related activity including, but not limited to award, acceptance, use or misuse of any Sweepstakes prize. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, as well as Facebook, from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities and/or Facebook. No prize may be transferred, redeemed for cash, or substituted, except that Sponsor may substitute any prize with a prize of comparable value should a stated prize become unavailable.
If, for reasons beyond Sponsor's control, the Sweepstakes is not able to run as planned, Sponsor, at its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes, without notice or liability. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to award the prize at random from among eligible, non-suspect Entry Comments posted up to the time of suspected impairment. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to have tampered with the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Rules or the law, and reserves the right to seek prosecution of such individual to the full extent of the law.
12. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (a) Entry Comments that must be removed from Sponsor’s public Facebook page due to their content (e.g. objectionable language, etc.), all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including those that prevent the Entry Comment from being posted during the Sweepstakes Period, the Win Comment from being made apparent to the Winner, or the Winner from being able to submit information to the Prize Website; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of this Sweepstakes; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to Your computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Your participation in this Sweepstakes, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from the Website or the Prize Website.
13. GOVERNING LAW/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Rules or the rights and obligations of You, Sponsor or the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other laws.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY US DOLLARS (US$50), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND YOU HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY US DOLLARS (US$50), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) YOUR REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND YOU IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
14. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: The parties each agree to finally settle all disputes only through arbitration; provided, however, the Sponsor shall be entitled to seek injunctive or equitable relief in the state and federal courts of McKean County or any other court with jurisdiction over the parties. The parties agree that, except as set forth above, any claim, suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be resolved solely by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in New York, New York or another forum mutually agreed upon by you and Sponsor, pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules (“Rules”) of the AAA by a sole arbitrator nominated by agreement of you and Sponsor and confirmed in accordance with the Rules. If AAA is not hearing consumer commercial disputes at the time, Sponsor may select another arbitral body in its sole discretion. The arbitrator’s award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in a court of competent jurisdiction. The federal or state law that applies to these Rules will also apply during the arbitration. Disputes will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be consolidated with any other proceedings that involve any claims or controversy of another party, including any class actions; provided, however, if for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then the agreement to arbitrate doesn’t apply and the dispute must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in or for McKean County, Pennsylvania.
15. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Zippo “Leave a Comment” Sweepstakes c/o Event Marketing, 33 Barbour St., Bradford, PA 16701. You must specify the date of the Sweepstakes Period in your request.